- Students should report to lectures on time and must be in class 10 minutes before lecture time.
- Students should have referred to the relevant chapter of their manual as indicated on the lecture sequence as part of their preparation for the lecture.
- Students should remain attentive during the lecture at all times and students must complete all the questions and assignments at home as given to them during the lectures.
- Students must attend and attempt all the tests / exams set by FBTC during the course of the semester.
- Students should abide by all the rules and regulations of FBTC, this includes all the terms and conditions on the FBTC enrollment, the refund policy and the expulsion policy as displayed on the notice boards.
- Students must regularly read all the notices and listen carefully to all announcements made in class pertaining to the Registration and Examination of the respective courses.
- Students are expected to behave and conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times. The dress conduct adopted should be formal and respectful.
- FBTC will ensure that classes will start and end on time, as per the timetable and lecture sequence provided to all the students.
- Lecturers will deliver the lecture in accordance with the lecture sequence and ensure that the syllabus is adequately covered. To this effect the lecturers will also cover a range of questions for each topic covered and will also provide additional questions as homework.
- Lecturers will provide constructive feedback to students on their performance for all the tests, exams conducted by FBTC.
- Lecturers will also prepare a separate final mock exam, the questions will be based on the lecturers best assumption of the past exams and other factors such as the examiner’s recent comments.
- Lecturers will adopt and display a sympathetic attitude and tone to facilitate the learning process and the students will reciprocate by according the lecturer the relevant level of respect and obedience.
As stated on the enrollment form, students are hereby advised and requested to read and adhere to the Expulsion Policy, as it will be applied in the following circumstances: –
- In accordance with Clause No: 5 of the enrollment form, where students have failed to attend regular classes / tutorials and have remained absent for more than 75% without any genuine reason, they will be expelled from the college immediately.
- In accordance with Clause No: 3 of the enrollment form, disruptions of lecturers by either reporting late or leaving early amounts to MISCONDUCT and students will be expelled from the college immediately.
- Where students are found copying or misbehaving during the internal exams and mock exams set by the college, they will be expelled from the college immediately.
- Where students are found misbehaving, disrupting lecturers during the course of the lecture or causing damage to FBTC’s property will be expelled from college.
- Repeat offenders, who do not heed to warnings given by lecturers of the administration staff, will be expelled from the college.
- In all the above cases, students expelled from the college shall not have their fees refunded under any circumstances.
Please do not hesitate to contact the FBTC Administration Office for further information and advise on the above.
Before commencement of the course
If a student has enrolled for a course during any semester and cancels his / her registration with FBTC before commencement of the course, he / she will be entitled to a full refund of the tuition fees paid less Tshs.35,000 per subject enrolled to a maximum of Tshs.70,000 in total, which will be charged and the balance refunded.
Within the first 4 weeks of the semester, without a refund
If a student cancels his / her registration and decides to discontinue, he / she will be entitled to a deferment for only one semester of the tuition fees paid, less 33% of the total fees paid or the total number of classes taken to date (whichever is higher) will be charged for the current semester.
Within the first 4 weeks of the semester and a refund is requested
If the student requests for a refund of fees then he/she will be charged an additional Tshs.35,000 per subject enrolled to a maximum of Tshs.70,000 in addition to the 33% of the total tuition fee paid, as above.
Within week 5 and 8 of the semester, without a refund
If a student cancels his / her registration and decides to discontinue he / she will be entitled to a deferment for only one semester of the tuition fees paid less 66% of the total fees paid, or the total number of classes taken to date (whichever is higher), and will be charged for the current semester.
Within week 5 and 8 of the semester and a refund is requested
If the student requests for a refund of fees then he/she will be charged an additional Tshs.35,000 per subject enrolled to a maximum of Tshs.70,000 in addition to the 67% of the total tuition fee paid, as above.
After week 9
There will be no refund of fees and students will be required to pay all the fees due on their account as invoiced on the date of commencement.
FBTC shall consider deferments / refunds on medical grounds only if the student has submitted proper medical reports and a valid doctor’s report in time. FBTC will accept reports from Regency Medical Centre, The Agakhan Hospital, TMJ Hospital, Ebrahim Haji Charitable Health Center only. FBTC reserves the right to contact the medical doctors to confirm the validity of the reports etc.
Following the ABE, CAT and ACCA exam results students will be given TWO WEEKS to request any changes in writing by email. Students will be transferred to subjects across the same levels of ABE, CAT and ACCA, any difference in calculations between the different papers will have to be paid for i.e. shifting from part-time to full-time, enrolling for an additional paper etc. A flat administration fee of Tshs.30,000 will be charged for all changes requested. At the time of requesting any changes, all tuition fees due on account as invoiced should have been settled in full; otherwise, transfer requests will not be accepted.
1. For all courses the re-sit course will commence upon release of the ABE, CAT and ACCA results during the month of February for December exams and August for June exams.
2. The re-sit course package will include the following: –
(a) Students can attend normal lectures from the date of joining and payment of full fees.
(b) The revision courses during the month of April / May for June exams and October / November for December exams.
(c) Attend all the tests, mock exams for the papers enrolled.
3. FBTC will offer students joining the ABE, CAT and ACCA courses, the following fee reduction based on the normal tuition fees:-
(a) A 10% discount will apply on all papers where students are taking on a new paper in addition to the ones already enrolled for.
(b) A 25% discount will apply on all papers referred following the exam results, students will qualify for this discount provided they attended classes or revision for the same subject during the previous semester.
(c) All fees subject to discounts above will be payable in full before the commencement of classes.
4. Any student wishing to re-enroll for classes from the beginning of the semester and was enrolled from the same subject during the previous semester will be given 20% discount on that particular paper.
Note: Students interested in enrolling on any of the re-sit courses should contact the office for further details